With the release 2.3.0 of Summar.io the support for interactive elements in learning material has been extended with 3D /VR capabilities. Furthermore, a number of important extensions have been added to the Scoring and Recommendation apps. In addition, various performance improvements have been introduced.
- It is now possible to enrich learning material with 3D / VR elements using the integration with Vesalius. Vesalius is a software application by PS-MedTech that enables people to work with 3D / VR data (see also: PS-MedTech).
- When an assignment needs to be retaken, it is now possible to pre-fill the answers and feedback of the previous attempt so that the user does not have to repeat the entire assignment, and can process the given feedback more easily. With the arrival of this functionality, the teacher now has the possibility to indicate that a new attempt must be pre-filled after selecting the retake option.
- In the Recommendation app one can specify a content type (Office 365 document, Google Suite document, Video, Other) for both recommended resources and reference material. Based on this content type appropriate icons are shown in the learning environment.
- Recommended resources or reference material containing links to Youtube or Vimeo material will be played by the Summar.io media player in an overlay when the object is opened in the learning environment.
- Learning objects which are marked as completed can now be opened by students in the learning environment. The summary page including all correct answers will be displayed in such cases.
- Navigating between apps now works fine again in older versions of Internet Explorer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.