The 2.2.0 release of Summar.io contains amongst others new functionality for the Timeline and Recommendation apps. In addition, improvements to the stability and performance of the system have been introduced.
- The Recommendation app now offers the possibility for teachers to add, besides uploading resources, links to external content for learning units and objects.
- The Timeline app now offers the functionality for teachers to give feedback to either complete learning groups or individual students. Feedback can be given in the context of a timeline event (e.g. a student opened or handed in a learning object) or a learning unit or object itself.
- The StudyAid app has been removed and is replaced by the new linking functionality of the Recommendation app like explained above.
- The existing Recommendation app has been removed and is replaced by the new feedback functionality in the Timeline app as explained above.
- Tests which needs self scoring by the student now only show up in the teachers inbox of the Scoring app after self scoring is done by the student.
- The notification dropdown overlay is made scrollable so the complete list is always accessible, even with large amounts of messages.
- The index or jump menu of the QTI player displaying all question labels now has the correct background color in Internet Explorer 11, making it readable again.
- During imports of WikiWijs packages the default preview image of learning objects is now only set to the first found local image if any, so the import will also succeed when the package doesn't contain local images.
- Learning objects which are disabled on learning group level, can now be enabled on student level in the Recommendation app.
- The QTI player will now always use the preferred language setting of the logged in user, instead of the language setting of the student who took the test.
- Learning objects with metadata indicating that the object must be done by a group of students, is now displayed with the 'group icon' in the Learning Environment.