The 1.5.0 release of Summar.io is a major release containing both new features as well as technical updates in the user interface technology. Furthermore, it adds numerous improvements for the stability and performance.
After upgrading to 1.5.0, please follow the 1.5.0 upgrade guide
- A new User Interface setup. With the introduction of release 1.5.0, Summar.io has made a major step forward in usability and navigation. The new user interface features a new "App Launcher" in the top-left corner of the screen, an integrated message center and central personal preferences.
- Updated Groups. Summar.io now has a consistent view on groups throughout the system. Summar.io supports the use of administrative groups to support tasks from an administrative point-of-view and learning groups, which can be used by teachers and students to support various forms of learning and collaboration.
- New administrative tools. With this release, Summar.io introduces new administrative tools for:
- staff- and student administration: apart from the new design, it supports new features like batch import of staff and students.
- School-setup: Summar.io now uses a central structure to manage courses and offerings.
- Course administration: a new app was designed to manage courses, groups and students.
- The security-level of Summar.io was enhanced further;
- Improved internationalization support for US/UK English;
- Navigation of teacher apps was changed to reflect the new groups and user interface;
- The learning environment reflects the new user interface and navigation.
- Importing files with large content collections was fixed;
- School timezone and student timezone are properly synced;
- Fixed bugs in QTI session management.
Please sign in to leave a comment.